Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Let me get this straight.....
We're going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also hasn't read it, and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke.
What possibly could go wrong?
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Take a look at this one. It will blow your mind
Off Shore Oil Exploration
Finally - Offshore Oil Exploration gets approved and funded -
However ----- You need to read the "rest of the story" ......
This was NOT reported on any of the mainstream news outlets such as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN or MSNBC. However, it was reported as follows:
On 20 August 2009, on a segment of the "Glenn Beck Show" on FCN (Fox Cable News) ... the following statement was read:
"Today even though President Obama is against offshore drilling for oil for this country. He signed an executive order to loan 2 Billion or more of our taxpayers dollars to a Brazilian Oil Exploration Company (Petrobras - which is the 8th largest company in the entire world) to drill for oil off the coast of Brazil. The oil that comes from this operation is for the sole purpose and use of China and not the USA . The Chinese government is under contract to purchase all the oil that this oil field will produce, which is hundreds of millions of barrels of oil".
We (the American People) have absolutely no gain from this transaction whatsoever.
Wait, it gets more interesting: Guess who is the largest individual stockholder of this Brazilian Oil Company, and who would benefit most from this ---??? It is American Billionaire, George Soros, the Liberal businessman who is a radical left wing supporter, finances "MoveOn.org
was President Obama's largest and most generous supporter during his campaign.
If you are able to connect the dots and follow the money, you are probably as upset as I am.
Not a word of this transaction was on any of the other news networks.
Does anyone think this was the type of change Obama meant ---??? Or, maybe it was!!!.
WELL HERE's WHAT THEY WILL GET !!!!
Friday, October 9, 2009
As a helpful answer and reference for action items, I am posting this outline here:
The following points have been summarized from Patrick Miranda's Blog (Patrick is a new candidate running for the 5th U.S. Congressional Seat)...and I fully support and endorse these positions:
1. Keep the Federal Government OUT of the business of running our schools. Sure the Feds can set national standards that our kids should be able to reach, but they should really give adequate money to the states and let them run and fund the schools as they see fit. Bush had said at one time, and I agree with him, that we should give these schools ALL that they need to provide a good education to their youth, but, at the same time, they need to be held accountable for their successes and FAILURES. Bottom line, give the local school districts what they need to succeed and then get out of the way!
2. We need to ABOLISH the NEA and completely scrap its influence in our schools. The fact that tenure is more important than educating our youth is a primary reason that our schools are failing. Furthermore, the NEA needs to be audited and should be put on notice as an organization beholden to the most Leftist groups/politicians in our nation. Force your teachers to TEACH our children, or loose ANY and ALL funding that you receive from American tax payers.
3. We MUST end political correctness in our grade schools. If a student can't read AT or ABOVE his/her current grade level, then they MUST either be held back or required to attend summer school or extra tutoring sessions in order to progress to the next grade level. We have got to quit allowing our students to advance if they aren't equipped to do so...if their feelings get hurt, then they can deal with it. I was told I made mistakes in school and I worked harder...we should tell kids they are wrong when they mess up and help them to do better; STOP the CODDLING.
4. We WILL take thuggery out of our schools. Far too often our students and teachers feel fearful when going to school; they feel as if they always have to be on guard in order to avoid physical harm. For this, there needs to be a ZERO tolerance rule...if you cause harm at school (selling drugs, buying weapons, excessive bullying), then you will be kicked out, PERIOD. You will be required to go to school, but you will be required to do so at a military school or somewhere similar where discipline is MANDATORY. Parents, you will be required to PAY at least part of the fee to enroll these hoodlums in schools like these...stop making our children suffer while we deal with your child. For all other offenses, we need to enforce, without fear of lawsuit, etc, a "three strike rule" for those who continually break the rules.
5. We need a VOUCHER system. We should allow parents to use the money they'd otherwise be paying in taxes to put their money in a voucher or in a TAX-FREE education fund for their children. They can use this voucher to attend the schools of their choice. If under performing schools fail, then so be it...competition will breed success.
6. EMPHASIZE and SUPPORT charter schools. Obama shut down one in DC recently which forced primarily "inner-city" youth, who were preforming well, to attend schools in the DC school system...this is a TRAVESTY! We should reward schools and administrator who excel in their jobs and keep our students performing at top levels.
7. We must end busing. Local school districts ought to be allowed to determine if they want students bused to their schools from other areas of the city...the government needs to stay out of these choices. If local schools are failing, then it should be up to LOCAL officials and parents to FIX the schools...not the job of better performing school districts to take in additional students from these failing schools (this does not include students with vouchers).
8. Understand and support the needs of schools with Special Education courses. Make schools perform to the standards set forth by law, but take into account schools with special needs youth. Reward schools who have good special needs programs which not only educate but allow for greater social interaction with the youth they teach.
9. ESL classes are necessary, but we MUST insist on parents and students to learn the English language as quickly as possible. We should mandate how long a child can be in a ESL class...if, for example, the child hasn't learned sufficient English in 3 years, then they need complete English immersion...no questions asked. Also, we MUST retool our curriculum to focus on Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, US History and Geography. We must also allow our students to take financial awareness courses in late grade school and high school which will teach them the basics of investing, earning and spending money...financial literacy so that they will learn the importance of money in their daily lives.
Finally, STOP the motto "All children CAN learn". Rather, make it "All children WILL learn".