Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
*December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*
*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
*At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
*Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*
*Shout "MERRY CHRISTMAS" , not "Happy Holiday" !*
Please, all Christians join together and wish everyone you meet during the holidays a "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Christ is The Reason for the "Christ-mas Season"
....NOT "How many toys are under the tree"!!
It's not "ME..ME...ME !!
Remember to teach your kids the value of GIVING more than GETTING !!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
The answer is “motives” !!!
Yup, to create NEW real jobs we must have a “MOTIVE”!!
This was found at my own Job Summit here in Tennessee.
Let me explain.
The Obama administration has tried feverishly to “create jobs”. The stimulus plan(s) have set aside money to give out for “new jobs” which would stimulate our economy. These jobs were created by sending money to various organizations to do certain beneficial things like studying “cloud formations” in the upper atmosphere, etc…… the problem, however, was when the study was over…..there was no more job. Hmmmm??
OK, they then tried more “concrete-type” jobs like building roads…… contractors were hired who, in turn, hired people to new jobs and we built roads. Oops,… the roads were built and now those folks were laid off again. Back to “square one”.
Alright, we’ll try a different approach. Let’s give out “incentives”. How about “Cash for Clunkers”?? You remember that, right? Oh darn!! Same deal…..when the program and “the incentives” stopped, so did the sales…..and “the jobs”!!
Well……let’s just give everybody some money……you know, “Obama Money”!!
Actually let’s give it a better name and call it “Entitlements” Let’s even give it to dead people, prisoners, and all kinds of other folks we have on record. Only problem this time was once the money was passed out, the spending stopped and so did the temporary jobs…… and our deficit grew even more!?? (Oh darn!!)
And then it “dawned on us”!!! We need a MOTIVE to create jobs!!
Yup….In order to make anyone really hire someone, there must be a Motive!
In our human society (be it as it is) that translates to “making money” or a “profit” Call it capitalism, call it whatever you like. Just don’t call it socialism, or communism or anything that takes away the “motive” through the encouragement of laziness, apathy and the “re-distribution of wealth”.
I will go one step further and say that a REAL MOTIVE can be achieved immediately by adoption of the FAIR TAX. It’s our REAL ANSWER sooner or later!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
1. A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm..
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture most people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so whats the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, What the hell happened?
22. Just remember -- if the world didnt suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound. Thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Its more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.